Re: [Axiom-developer] documentation

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] documentation
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:41:16 +0200

Hello Tim,

root <address@hidden> writes:

> we can get a paper version made.

If you publish it, it would be nice (and useful for Axiom fame) if you
can negotiate some kind of "Free Publication", i.e. anybody would be
able to reprint the book or modify it. From the previous email of Mike
Dewar, there is apparently no issue from the original authors (great!).
I know that O'Reilly has done that is the past (for a Linux book). I
don't know if they are still open to such idea.

Otherwise, we could envision to publish the book ourselves, by an Axiom
Fondation for example. It could provide some cash to sustain further
Axiom development, conference, dedicated web site, or journal. However I
don't know the risk or cost of such an option.

Personally, I would be ready to pay some dollars or euros to have a
printed version.

You could ask to the ACL2 people, they are selling two ACL2 books (25$
each) that were previously sold by a classical editor.

Yours,
d.
--
 address@hidden