[Axiom-developer] Re: axiom s390

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom s390
Date: 17 Sep 2003 16:41:51 -0400

Great!  Please let me know if you need me to explain anything.

Briefly, you can go into my gcl-2.6.1 tree, change the CFLAGS, O3FLAGS
and O2FLAGS, do a 'make clean' in the o lsp cmpnew and unixport dirs,
then do make in the base dir.
export PATH=/home/camm/gcl-2.6.1/bin:$PATH,
go into the axiom tree, fakeroot debian/rules clean and debian/rules
build.

You should see the failures with anything above -O0 shortly after
'depsys' is created.  The O3FLAGS and O2FLAGS govern the optimization
of GCL compiled lisp modules -- I did verify that simply setting these
to -O0 (as opposed to the GCL opt flags themselves) does not fix the
problem.

Take care,