[Axiom-developer] Creating a website

From: Antoine Hersen
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Creating a website
Date: 20 Sep 2003 00:20:39 +0200

Hello

I was looking at axiom foolowing a news in a french linux news site, and
I first saw the "Dec 2, 2002" and was a litle bit scary that it was a
lost project.

I checkout the cvs try to build it( fail while building gcl but I have a
working version on my box so I will try to drop it instead), and then
see the mailing list who seem to be much more alive.

I have a lot of interest in this project as a student in computer
science, and I think to create a comunity its very important to have a
descent up-to-date web site, has its the main image and first source of
information.

IMHO wiki will be very well suited to such a project a least in the
first time because they are easy to use, easy to keep up-to-date and a
good cooperating medium.

You can have look at project like : http://twiki.org/ very powerfull,
the big gun http://tikiwiki.org/ and in php
http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/ but there are many more have a