[Axiom-developer] Re: tex output

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: tex output
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:20:20 -0400

The TeX generation depends on each domain to figure out the proper way
to format the output from that domain. (In Java terms each class has to
know how to Tex format its output).

One of the hassles of creating the book is that various domains need work.
I could stop and fix them or I can continue work on the book. In this
particular case it is prettier to generate \verbatim tags around the
original output rather than $$ .. $$ tags. However, the result is technically
correct as this IS math output. TeX doesn't usually deal in base 32 and any
author wouldn't normally rely on TeX to properly format strange base numbers.

The \leqno tag puts the equation number at the left. The $$ specifies a math
out-of-line format. The number is a proper base32 number. If I clip it and
tex it I get proper (albeit slanty) output.