[Axiom-developer] synthesis

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] synthesis
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:56:03 -0400

*,

There are several requests under consideration.

David and Joris have been calling for a "configure" command.
Dylan and Bill have been trying to set up tm_axiom with texmacs.
Camm and Juergen have asked to use the already installed lisp.
Joris would like a static version of the system.
Dylan would like the make variables to be available everywhere.
I've been wondering about platform-specific complexity.

I may have the names wrong but the point is that I'm now convinced
that I have to change direction.

./configure can be used to attack all of these problems.
So I'll write up an initial script, post it, and we can play with it.