[Axiom-developer] Re: axiom shell script

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom shell script
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:45:18 -0500

*,

Camm sees a need to execute the axiom shell script rather than
directly invoking AXIOMsys, the axiom binary.

In the past I believe we moved away from using the shell script
because it invoked clef (the axiom readline).

The compromise position seems to be to invoke the shell script
but do it with the -noclef option and that the shell script
be rewritten to handle this. Axiom used to have a -noclef option
and will have it again in the future.

(a) are there any objections?
(b) if there are no objections we need to:
   (1) merge Camm's axiom approach with the current clef version
   (2) add -noclef handline
   (3) modify the texmacs plugin to add -noclef
   (4) backport the new axiom shell script to debian

Comments?