[Axiom-developer] Re: pdf makefile

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: pdf makefile
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:17:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Tim Daly wrote:

Dear Tim,

> Axiom book which properly includes the graphics on the front page.
> I'll see what I can steal from the makefile to add to axiom's makefile.

I tried it on a linux box and got no thumbnails, while the same on a sparc
solaris got nice tumbnails etc also. This might be a version problem of
the ghostscript used, the solaris runs ggv (gnome ghostview) as interface,
you might see the uncommented lines where tumbnails etc are craeted, but
on my solaris box these programs where not found.

> Since the book.tex file does not use bibtex entries the make stops
> part way thru. I'll have to fix this.

This makefile was just a quick hack of a colleague of mine for TeXing his
PhD thesis, so its quite stupid and assumed that a makeindex and / or a
bibtex is used, of course this has to be changed. My point was just to
deliver the options for dvips and ps2pdf so that pdf files look good on
screen too.

By the way, is it possible to pass an argumat to a makefile, like the
filename, or needs every tex document its own makefile then? In this cae
it might be useful (and nice to look at for others) to create a bibtex
database, which could be used by all AXIOM TeX files. Such a bibtex
database could be made public over the web and might be a good source for
looking for AXIOM usage and or related technical stuff.

ciao
BF.

% PD Dr Bertfried Fauser
%       Institution: Max Planck Institut for Mathematics Leipzig
<http://www.mis.mpg.de>
%       Privat Docent: University of Konstanz, Physics Dept
<http://www.uni-konstanz.de>
% contact |->    URL : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser/
%             E-Mail : address@hidden (address@hidden)
%              Phone : Leipzig +49 341 9959 735  Konstanz +49 7531 693491