Re: [Axiom-developer] about compilation error on mandrake 1.0

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] about compilation error on mandrake 1.0
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:12:45 -0400

Hi Xin,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:18:01AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> the error message as follow:
> could you guys give me some hit? thanks

This is the Steve you know from the lab! I have only posted here once
before, so I'd like to introduce myself to the rest of the list.

Im an undergrad at UWO studying math and comp-sci. I have a strong
interest in computer algebra, both theory and implementation. I am
currently working as a research assistant at ORCCA (Ontario Research
Center for Computer Algebra) implementing univariate and multivariate
polynomial factorization routines (via Hensel lifting, van Hoeij
recombination) in Aldor under the supervision of Marc Moreno
Maza. Tim, we met briefly when you last visited UWO.

I have lurked on this list for some months now. I only jump in when my
insane inexperience isn't so obvious :)

Xin, You need to edit lsp/Makefile.pamphlet line 300 (as of cvs 2-3
days ago). It reads as:

 ./configure --enable-vssize=65536*2 --enable-statsysbfd
--enable-maxpage=128*1024 ;

you should change this to:

 ./configure --enable-vssize=65536*2 --disable-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd \
 --enable-maxpage=128*1024 ;

I built AXIOM on this very same machine a month or so ago, and this
fix worked for me. Thus, I dont think the problem is M4. I also had
this problem (with the same fix) for Slackware 9.1.

Hope this helps,
Steve