RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet filesforMathActi

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet filesforMathAction
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:18:49 -0400

Martin,

On Friday, October 01, 2004 1:36 PM you wrote:

> Bill Page writes:
>  > I don't understand from what you include below what you
>  > think is "missing". You said: "missing from the pamphlet
>  > file" but everything is generated from the file. Can you
>  > give me an explicit example of something?
>

> All the code I included does not appear when I look at

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/Dhmatrix

???? I still don't understand. I see all of the code that
you show as output from dvi and more! In your dvi output
for dhmatrix, the routines are shown just as

<rotatex>
<rotatey>
<rotatez>
<scale>
<translate>

which is normal for the noweave output generated from
the dhmatrix.spad.pamphlet file. The mathaction wiki page
on MathAction shows these chunks as expanded to the actual
code and compiled. That is what I meant about whether I
should included the compiled output on the same page or
separately. If it is separately, then the (for example)

  dhmatrix_pamphlet

page would look eactly like (and have essentially the same
internal navigation as) the dvi output. It will be rendered
by the command 'noweave -html -index -filter l2h' command.

There would be a separate page called just 'dhmatrix' that
contains the compiler output (that part shown in green
shading) obtained by applying notangle and AXIOMsys to the
same underlying source code as the 'dhmatrix_pamphlet'.

** Or **

Perhaps this is a way to have only one wiki page say
called just 'dhmatrix' that renders by default via notangle
AXIOMsys and LatexWiki but then an new method called
maybe 'weave' that would be called like this:

  dhmatrix/weave

which would access the noweave rendering.

Bob McElrath: Can you think of some (simple?) way of
achieving both of these renderings with one source file?

Cheers,