Re: [Axiom-developer] pamphlet support on MathAction

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] pamphlet support on MathAction
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:10:20 -0700

Martin Rubey address@hidden wrote:
> Bill Page writes:
>  > It is true that the LaTeX generated images take a comparatively long time
>  > load. But most people seem to think that hevea does a pretty awful job of
>  > converting LaTeX equations to HTML.
>
> Yes, but with the pictures I simply cannot use it from my home computer... So
> I'd prefer to have both possibilities :-)

Why?  Too slow?

To answer another question: stx is a simplified wiki-like markup
suitable for wikis and adding latex to email communications.  It is what
latexwiki is built around.

I'm going as fast as I can but this is a large, and necessary rewrite.
I have my first iteration of this new code working::

    http://mcelrath.org:9675/newstx/

and it's available in my darcs repository::

    http://bob.mcelrath.org/darcs/zwiki-testing

This defines a new page type "Structured Text 2" upon which the new
"Structured Text + LaTeX" will be based.

I gather you guys just want to use my equation rendering though, right?
I'd be happy to separate that out to make it more useful to you.  Also
if you need assistance creating all these pagetypes, I'd be happy to
advise...

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.