RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:03:04 -0500

Tim

On Saturday, December 04, 2004 12:45 AM you wrote:

> patches applied to axiom--main--1
> rebuilt system. passed tests.
> it will be in the next savannah CVS update.

Great. Did you get a chance to modify the 'axiom' script
to include graphics?

Here are a couple of problems I have noticed with the
graphics so far.

------ example axiom output ----

(4) -> draw(sin(x)^2/x^2,x=0..10)
   Compiling function %H with type DoubleFloat -> DoubleFloat
   Graph data being transmitted to the viewport manager...
   AXIOM2D data being transmitted to the viewport manager...

   (4)  TwoDimensionalViewport: "DSIN(x)**2/(x*x)"
                                                 Type:
TwoDimensionalViewport
(5) -> Cannot open
/home/wspage/axiom-build/mnt/linux/../../share/graph/header.ps to read.

------

The graph is drawn with the title just as show above
starting with a 'D'. Where did that come from?

The second problem was caused when I clicked on the
PS button on the 2D Control Panel. It seems that the
file header.ps is missing.