RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windows source/binary package.
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:45:59 +1000

Hi Bill.

| Mike,
|
| On December 6, 2004 6:17 PM you wrote:
|
| > Expect at least one failure in GCL due to a Makefile problem:
|
| Yes it did fail as you said... :(
|

| > ======================================================================
| >
| > $ cat zips/gcl-2.6.5.unixport.makefile_1.patch
|
| Is it your plan to include such patches in the Axiom build?
| If yes, then I guess I would add this patch to the
| lsp/Makefile.pamphlet section for gcl-2.6.5, right?

Yes, but you should probably regenerate with the correct diff arguments you
mentioned earlier.

| Is there any chance there will be a gcl-2.6.6 with these
| patches?

Camm and I haven't discussed such a plan, but we are accumulating
alterations which would be made in such an event.  I would like very much to
get Axiom built with 2.6.5 on Windows before such a release was put
together.

Cheers

Mike Thomas