[Axiom-developer] RE: Axiom for Windows and TeXmacs

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Axiom for Windows and TeXmacs
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:33:59 -0500

Dan,

On December 6, 2004 5:16 PM you wrote:

> I've been very busy here trying to keep up with my emails.
> I will whip up an axiom script tomorrow.  Where would you
> like me to post the build when done?

Please pardon my ignorance of the self installer process, but
what do you mean by "the build"? Is it the final .exe (about
50 Mb big) or is it just the script (small)? If it is the big
file, I can ask Tim Daly to setup a user id for you on
axiom-developer where you can do the upload. Otherwise if
small then email attachment to me. With a little hand-holding
I can probably figure out the rest of what to do with NULLSOFT.

As suggested in other emails, I would like to include the new
tm_axiom code and the axiom book (pdf) in the Windows installation
package.

How can we resolve the problem of how to enable TeXmacs for
Windows to find the tm_axiom plug-in? In the past these plug-ins
where distributed with TeXmacs but in this case I am quite sure
that the Axiom developers would prefer to maintain the plug-in
themselves. Perhaps there needs to be a mix of some plug-ins
supplied by TeXmacs and others supplied by the target programs.
Ideally one should be able install TeXmacs and Axion and either
order and still have the interface operational.