[Axiom-developer] missing cat

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] missing cat
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:48:05 -0500

On Tuesday, December 14, 2004 4:26 PM I wrote;

> I also solved the problem of missing 'cat' program on Windows
> so the commands )summary etc. should now work.

Oops. I just re-installed Axiom on another system and I get

(1) -> )summary
Can't open: C:/Program
Can't open: Files/axiom/mnt/windows/lib/summary

I had earlier tested after installing Axiom in a directory
that did not contain a space in the name. Since the directory
name 'Program Files' contained a space and this string is
not delimited by Axiom when calling cat, the file name is
interpreted as two names. This would probably fail in Linux
also if Axiom was installed in a directory containing a space
in the name (possible but unusual in Linux, common in Windows).

I will see what I can do to get around this and post a new
version.