[Axiom-developer] axiom--windows--1 build

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom--windows--1 build
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:05:24 -0500

Tim,

> patch-7 is committed. this builds on gcl-2.6.5w which is the
> standard version with mike's patches (reversed) and a bunch
> of typo fixes. i'm building it now. it should fix the makedir
> bug.

Looks good! I did a tla update of axiom--windows--1 and ran
the build last night. Now the build completes the same way
as Mike's original.

Great.

So what bugs should we kill first? These are the ones
I know of so far:

1) )cd with no parameter still returns path error, but
   should be user's HOME directory. Should GCL expand ~
   as USERPROFILE on windows?.

   Note that )cd pathname now works and so does )cd .

2) Use of cat, rm, ls in BOOT must be replaced with lisp

3) Add NSIS installer script and build commands to Windows
   section of Makefile.pamphlet

4) Test sockets in GCL for Windows

5) Compile sman and graphics. What graphics API for Windows?
   We do not have X but is there a Windows compatible
   library? Can we support at least postscript file
   generation?

Anything else to start?