Re: [Axiom-developer] Beta Announcement

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Beta Announcement
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:43:54 +0100

I suggest that I send out the following anouncement tommorow on:

Slashdot
Freshmeat
sci.math.symbolic
comp.lang.lisp

I've put it on

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomRelease10Beta

please feel free to improve it.

Announcing Axiom 1.0 BETA

This is to inform you that the free computer algebra system Axiom has now
reached a very useable state.

Axiom is a general purpose Computer Algebra system. It is useful for research
and development of mathematical algorithms. It defines a strongly typed,
mathematically correct type hierarchy. It has a programming language and a
built-in compiler.

Axioms homepage is at

http://axiom.axiom-developer.org/

Instructions to download Axiom for the various platforms, including linux and
MS Windows can be found at

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDownload

The licenses under which the various parts of Axiom are released can be found
at

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/Copyright

Since the wishlist

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/WishList

is long, we decided to provide bounties, i.e. small amounts of money, for
people willing to implement some features. Among others, we need people who
would like to

* integrate a LaTeX-rendering engine into our Wiki
  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction

* know how to resurrect the connection to the alternative compiler Aldor

* know enough Lisp to make graphics work on MS Windows

If you would like to implement one of the above features, please contact us at

address@hidden