RE: [Axiom-developer] windows/linux coherency

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] windows/linux coherency
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:43:46 -0500

Tim,

On Saturday, December 18, 2004 5:50 PM you asked:

> Is it possible to make a linux/texmacs binary also?
>
> I'd like to try, as much as possible, to have the windows and
> linux versions of the system to appear the same.

Hmmm... what do you mean by a linux/texmacs binary? A binary
of what? There is a small interface program called tm_axiom.
Do you mean a binary version of that for linux?

There is already a tm_axiom interface that works with Linux
included with the linux version of TeXmacs itself. That version,
however does not include the Sutor line-break code. I did a
version of tm_axiom for linux last year that included the
line-break code but the TeXmacs developers chose not to include
it in their distribution. But I think it is still on Savannah
somewhere. I am planning to prepare an updated version of the
linux tm_axiom now that I know a little something about threads
(at least how they work under Windows :) I still have to learn
how it works under linux).

Do you think that we should distribute tm_axiom separately or
just include it with the linux builds of Axiom?