[Axiom-developer] RE: Savannah patches

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Savannah patches
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:55:50 -0500

Tim,

On Wednesday, December 29, 2004 6:12 PM you wrote:

> It is a tedious process but it works for me.

Your procedure is effectively what I have ended up doing by
default because once I made a copy of the arch directory,
the normal procedures no longer works efficently. But this
seems to me to be far less than optimal, painful and error
prone in it's own right. I think it is better to use the
tools the way they were designed to be used and if they
don't work, then I guess it's time to report a bug and/or
choose a new tool.

If doing development in Axiom is done it this painful sort
of way, then I fear that there may never be more than 1 & 1/2
developers ... :(

In contrast the changes I made to the Windows arch directory
where completely painless and the whole thing was done and
comitted in only a few hours.

BTW, I have never had this sort of problem using darcs. The
complexity of tla on top of everything else is daunting.

[just me complaining some more while I wait for the build to
complete ... ]

Cheers,