Re: [Axiom-developer] savannah cvs

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] savannah cvs
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 15:52:08 +0300

root writes:

Axiom 3.0 Beta sources are now in savannah.
You can tell that it is the 3.0 Beta because it prints this in the header:
Axiom 3.0 Beta (January 2005)

The binaries are not yet up to date with the savannah sources.
I'll finish as many as the cpu cycles allow but I'll be away from
the internet for the weekend.

Bug fixes discussed recently are not in the release due to discussion
of the proper fixes. Graphics is there but not integrated. Hypertex is
not there but appears to be working locally. Both graphics and hypertex
will probably be integrated in the next monthly release (February 2005).

Tim

Thank you very much for such a New Year present!

I'm packaging Axiom (Savannah CVS Des 30, 2004) for
ALT Linux (www.altlinux.com).  Now graphics works well
under sman.  But there are a few glitches I'd like to
report on:

1. If I install axiom with the command

make INSTALL=<my-work-dir>/usr/lib/axiom \
    COMMAND=<my-work-dir>/usr/bin/axiom \
    install

then resulting axiom script contains

AXIOM=<my-work-dir>/usr/lib/axiom/mnt/

instead of correct

AXIOM=<my-work-dir>/usr/lib/axiom/mnt/linux

2. I have quite new binutils so gcl 2.6.5 requires
--disable-sysstatbfd --enable-locbfd.  But setting
this options with GCLOPTS

make GCLOPTS='"....."'

doesn't work as expected.  GCL build aborts almost
instantly with obscure error message even if I use
make with default GCLOPTS value

make GCLOPTS='"--enable-maxpage=128*1024 --enable-vssize=65536*2"'

I was able to build Axiom by direct patching GCLOPTS
in Makefile.

3. I have some troubles with clef.  It doesn't understand
^end and ^delete keys.  ^home and ^backspace works fine.
So normally I start axiom without clef.  GCL has readline
input line editing support which works OK.
Unfortunately GCL's line editing doesn't work under sman (with -noclef). I'm seeking the way to patch clef on linux.
Best wishes,

Vadim

--
    Vadim V. Zhytnikov