[Axiom-developer] [#30 make install: no such file or directory] (new)

From: anonymous
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#30 make install: no such file or directory] (new)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:33:40 -0600

From: Fabio Stumbo
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Minor bug during installation
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:22:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi all.

First of all, let me thank everybody for the work you are doing.

I downloaded the latest version of axiom (but the following problem was there
also with the previous version).
I compiled it correctly, even if with some "warning" every now and then.
When installing, I get:

---
address@hidden:/home/stumbo/tmp/axiom]# make install
78 installing Axiom in /usr/local/axiom
/bin/sh: line 1: /usr/local/axiom/mnt//bin/axiom: No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1
---

If I create the directory:

---
address@hidden:/home/stumbo/tmp/axiom]# mkdir -p /usr/local/axiom/mnt/bin
---

then everything works fine:

---
address@hidden:/home/stumbo/tmp/axiom]# make install
78 installing Axiom in /usr/local/axiom
79 Axiom installation finished.

Please add /usr/local/axiom/mnt//bin to your PATH variable
Start Axiom with the command axiom
---

Nevertheless, the correct path to be added to PATH is
/usr/local/axiom/mnt/linux/bin

I end with a shell script axiom in the directory /usr/local/axiom/mnt/bin
which is useless (it seems to me).

I guess that this script should go in /usr/local/bin, and maybe it could be
modified in such a way that it takes care of modifying the PATH upon its
launching, so that there will not be any longer the need of a system-wide
modification.

Anyway, the programm works!

Of course, I am talking about a linux installation. My distribution is a
Mandrake 9.0 with kernel 2.4.26.

Best regards

Fabio Stumbo

PS: I am also wondering if there exists a syntax hilight file for vim to be
used with *.input files.

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden