RE: [Axiom-developer] uname -s

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] uname -s
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:02:10 -0500

Tim,

On Monday, January 24, 2005 6:19 PM you wrote:

> One flaw of using axiom-developer.org for messaging is that
> I have no idea who wrote the message so I can't figure out who
> to help since the mail no longer has a correct "From:" line
> and the mail isn't signed.

I don't understand what you mean by "using axiom-developer.org
for messaging". Are you referring to your address@hidden
email address? If so, what reader are you using to read email from
axiom-developer.org? What "From:" line do you see? Why do you
expect it to be "signed"? In fact, what do you mean by "signed"?
What people put at the end of their messages is just a matter
of habbit isn't it? (or maybe a configuration option of the email
software).

If your email reader is configured properly you should have no
problems just because the mail is coming from axiom-developer.
In my case I set up an alias so that mail sent to
address@hidden is forwarded to where I usually read
it at address@hidden I can set an alias for you also
if you have another place where you would prefer to read your
mail - but then I guess you moved to axiom-developer.org because
of problems with your isp.

Or are you referring to emails sent by MathAction? In some cases
the From: line says Anonymous. That is because whoever made the
change or reply at MathAction did not bother to first set
Preferences from the menu to identify themselves.