[Axiom-developer] [MathAction]

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [MathAction]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:05:54 -0600

??changed:
-Simplification of Expressions
-
-  Suppose we compute
-
-\begin{axiom}
-integrate(exp(-x**2/2)/sqrt(2*%pi),x=%minusInfinity..%plusInfinity)
-\end{axiom}
-
-*And now I wonder why common factors are not cancelled and why not the result
"1" is produced.*
-
-In general (unlike some other computer math systems) Axiom automatically
-performs only a very small number of basic simplifications. This is not one
-of them, so we need to provide some help. In particular we need to tell
-Axiom how to expand square roots.
-
-\begin{axiom}
-expandSqrt := rule sqrt(a*b)==sqrt(a)*sqrt(b)
-\end{axiom}
-
-[35 more lines...]
MathAction is based on LatexWiki - an extension of ZWiki.
ZWiki in turn, is based on "Zope":http://www.zope.org .

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden