[Axiom-developer] Re: address@hidden

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: address@hidden
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:53:23 -0500

> Not really my job, this is a function already built-in to
> ZWiki. All that is required is to set it up as per
> instructions. (Ok, that did require just a little reading
> between the lines. :)

hey, it didn't work before. you played with it. it works now.
that's worth a kudo.

> Well I am not so sure about a shell script to pre-populate
> a mail message. Maybe it would be ok for some linux users,
> but the concept is not very portable. There is a wide
> variety of mail clients out there and then there is Windows
> too. I think it would be hard to write a script that works
> for everyone. And there is a lot of variability in email
> server programs as well plus email security/anti-spam
> issues to worry about.
>
> How about a script to pre-populating a web form? The action
> of the web form could be to submit a report directly to
> IssueTracker. I hope that wouldn't be viewed as too much of
> an assumption by users who normally use only email.

Don't know about that either as it has issues. I suppose we
could extend axiom with a )bugreport function to write out
a flat file with the required info (including some cached
error messages from lisp and the interpreter?)

> That reminds me to ask: What is the origin of the message
>
>    protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
>
> that appears on every error output from Axiom? This looks
> like some kind of lisp error to me. Is this supposed to be
> there?

CCL has certain functions it "protects" and can't be redefined.
This is left over from the NAG implementation. I plan to fix it
one day but it gives axiom an air of mystery and makes it seem
more complex than it is :-)