[Axiom-developer] [DefiniteIntegration] Another problem with integrate

From: anonymous
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [DefiniteIntegration] Another problem with integrate
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:25:31 -0600

Consider the following piecewise function:
f(x | (x >=0) and (x <=1) ) == 1
f(x | (x<0) or (x > 1)) == 0
It is obvious that $\int_{-1}^2 f(t) dt= 1$, while Axiom claims otherwise:
integrate(f(t), t=-1..2)
What's worse, it doesn't say that it cannot calsulate it, but it simply gives
an incorrect result! Haven't I first tested it with such a simple example I
wouldn't even know, the results are wrong. Any clue how to serve Axiom such
function, so that it integrates them correctly? Is this a bug in Axiom or I'm
doing something wrong? TIA
forwarded from