[Axiom-developer] [#145 piping commands to sman does not work] (new)

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#145 piping commands to sman does not work] (new)
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:21:53 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/145PipingCommandsToSmanDoesNotWork/diff
--
Sending commands to sman via a pipe does not work.

This method is currently used on MathAction and in the TexMacs
interface to send commands to AXIOMsys with no problems. In order
to get Axiom graphics running on MathAction and under TexMacs , we
will need to start sman instead of AXIOMsys in order to setup the
process handling for graphics. But when I try to pipe commands to
sman, even with the -noht -noclef options, sman just issues two
prompts and waits. It does not seem to try to read from stdin. If
I try to key in )quit and yes, etc. there is no reaction and I must
eventually kill the process(es).

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden