[Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] Good news: Axiom at French "Agregation".

From: Thierry Dumont
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] Good news: Axiom at French "Agregation".
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 12:01:39 -0500

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomMail/diff
--

 The French "Agregation" is a competitive entry examination for high
school (high level) teachers. About 400 teachers are recruited each
year, for mathematics.

 At one of the examination, the candidates can use software:

-numerical software (matlab, scilab);
- statistical software (R);
-computer algebra software:
   Maple, Mupad, Mathematica AND... (this is new!)
   Axiom and Maxima (since year 2004/2005).

This means that now, in the cursus of Mathematics, we are not bind to
Maple, and we can try to use Axiom in place of commercial software,
which tends to be more and more expensive.

But if we want to use Axiom with undergraduate students, improvements of
the interactivity of Axiom need certainly to be done. Some years ago to
replace Matlab with Scilab (a product of French Inria), a group of
developpers teams whas build, and some public money whas given to it to
improve Scilab... May be we can dream to such possiblity for Axiom...

t.d.
--
Thierry Dumont. Institut Camille Jordan --Math�matiques--
Universit� Lyon 1 & CNRS.

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden