[Axiom-developer] axiom porting

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom porting
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 17:10:21 -0500

*,

We're developing Axiom, a large, general purpose computer algebra
system similar in power to Mathematica and Maple.

Axiom consists of 3 pieces, the algebra, the browser, and the graphics.
The algebra is written on top of common lisp.

The graphics and browser (G/B) are written in C using X11.

The algebra portion of Axiom runs under Windows.
The G/B portion does not.

We have been discussing porting strategies and one of the possible
strategies is to use McClim.

Does McClim run on Windows under any common lisp?

Tim Daly
Axiom lead developer
address@hidden