[Axiom-developer] output capture

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] output capture
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 23:04:57 -0500

Perhaps you could rebind the output stream?
I'm not sure if *standard-output* is used. But the idea is:

)lisp
  (progn
    ; we need a new output stream
    (setq tmpout (make-string-output-stream))
    ; we hold on to the regular output stream
    (setq save *standard-output*)
    ; we capture the regular output stream in our string-stream
    (setq *standard-output* tmpout)
    ; we generate output
    (|parseAndInterpret| "(x+1)^9")
    ; we get the output strings
    (setq result (get-output-stream-string tmpout))
    ; restore the regular output stream
    (setq *standard-output* save)
    ; and return the strings
    result)

There should be several lines written to tmpout and returned in result.
I'm not sure that axiom uses *standard-output* but the output stream
must exist somewhere. I'll look at the code tomorrow. Gotta get back
to packing.