[Axiom-developer] [#180 bug #9216 differentiating sums with respect to a

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#180 bug #9216 differentiating sums with respect to a bound is wrong] (new) bug #9216 differentiating sums with respect to a bound is wrong
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:15:39 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/180Bug9216DifferentiatingSumsWithRespectToABoundIsWrong/diff
--

--removed:
-

??changed:
-
-Update of patch #3148 (project axiom):
-
-                  Status:                    None => In Progress
-
-
-    _______________________________________________________
-
-
-  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=3148>
-
-_______________________________________________
-  Message sent via/by Savannah
-  http://savannah.nongnu.org/
-
Mathematically axiom produces correct output now, however I'm not sure
whether my patch is best possible.

Maybe there should be a function D in OutputForm that displays unevaluated
differentiation. Also, I find it ugly to use the raw %diff operator in COMBF.
Furthermore, is it necessary to substitute a dummy variable for the variable
of differentiation?

Update of Savannah patch # 3148 (project axiom):

Mon 06/21/2004 at 11:15, comment #1::

  Also, it does not fix bug #9218
  Martin Rubey <kratt6>

Tue 12/28/2004 at 14:35, comment #2::

  What is the status of this patch?
  Bill Page <billpage1>
  Project AdministratorIn charge of this item.

Continuation of issue #179

Attached Files

  dvdpatch.patch added by kratt6 (2.07KB)

--