[Axiom-developer] [MathAction problems] two independent scroll areas dur

From: billpage
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [MathAction problems] two independent scroll areas during editing mode
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:33:27 -0500

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/MathActionProblems/diff
--
William Sit asked:

> Is it possible (and easy) to break the MathAction screen into two
> independent scroll areas during editing mode, one for editing and
> one for preview?

Great suggestion! Yes it is possible and it wasn't too difficult.
Please try the new edit/preview page format and let me know if
this works better for you.

About competing edits: Merging simultaneous edits is quite hard.
MathAction is based on ZWiki so it behaves as described here:

http://zwiki.org/GeneralDiscussion200311

"Zwiki prevents data loss due to simultaneous edits, throwing
up a warning when the second person tries to save. It doesn't
warn you earlier - can't, really. Normally when someone else is
active on a page you'll see a very recent last edited timestamp,
and you'll be forewarned. What it could do, and doesn't, is assist
the second editor in merging their edits, instead of just telling
them to go back and start again. I believe this situation happens
rarely on most sites, though."

Improvements to this behaviour is still on the "wish list":

http://zwiki.org/661GiveMoreWarningOfSimultaneousEdits

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden