[Axiom-developer] Re: init scripts

From: Mark Murray
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: init scripts
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:21:24 +0100

address@hidden writes:
>Ok. Time to get some work out of you. I've moved Axiom to the
>GCL 2.6.7pre version which, I believe, has the fix I need to complete
>the FreeBSD port. I'm doing final testing on that at this moment and
>will spend some time tonight pushing it out to savannah and sourceforge.

Excellent! :-)

>I also have a new machine that is network connected.
>So now the game is to set up a freebsd machine and get the axiom
>image working and fully integrated. I'm heading for Germany for a
>week starting tomorrow and then Arlington VA the week after. But
>top of the stack is to set up this machine and get the port done.
>It should happen by the end of august, at least that's the plan.

Your timing couldn't be better! I'm between jobs right now.

>So expect a sequence of dumb questions to start flowing.

Ask away!

>First question: what version of freebsd should I set up and where
>should I get the images from?

http://www.freebsd.org

We have ISO's. Best to go for version 5.4, i386 architecture (that
means its OK for Pentium and friends!).

I need to get the GCL "port" updated. I'll do this while you are
away. Then when you get back, I can tell you how to get the "right"
GCL and noweb on board.

Mark R V Murray
What is the most interesting question you have asked?
What, if any, was the answer?