[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom/aldor interface code

From: Peter Broadbery
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom/aldor interface code
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:17:36 +0100

Hi Tim,

Finally managed to get the interface running and building from pamphlets
properly.  I've attached two files - there is a tar file which should be
unpacked in axiom/src - this contains an 'aldor' directory.  The patch
file contains some minor (but important) changes to files in src/interp.

Typing 'make' in the aldor directory should kick the build off.  It
takes less than an hour on my 2Ghz pentium.

To build, you'll need java, and aldor 1.0.2 set up.

I've tried to document how the makefiles fit together in the .pamphlet
files, hopefully some of them will make a form of sense.  Basically, the
idea is that the build uses a small java program to dynamically
determine dependencies, and then let make deal with compilation order.

Minor changes: I've changed where axiom looks for the aldor files - they
go to $AXIOM/aldor, not $AXIOM/compiler, mostly 'cos compiler is too
ambiguous.  The other changes are simple bug fixes.

For testing, I've appended a very stupid aldor domain (the maths inside
is not meant to be taken seriously; 'tis a silly idea that can't work).
The file contains a short test script at the end.

Pete.

--
Peter Broadbery <address@hidden>