[Axiom-developer] [AxiomDownload] Huge Axiom Package

From: unknown
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [AxiomDownload] Huge Axiom Package
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 06:32:49 -0500

Changes http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDownload/diff
--
The latest Axiom download package is HUGE to be downloaded over a slow dial-up
connection. I downloaded it over several days just to realize that much of the
material I downloaded was already with me.
The download system could have been even more flexible such as that of the
cygwin package. The person who is downloading should have the choice of what he
can download instead of compelling him to download everything. For eg, he can
downlaod only bin, or bin+doc(dvi or pdf or ps or html as per his requirement).
It would have been even better if the users could upgrade the previous versions
instead of downloading it afresh (through a system more convinient than the CVS)
By the way don't ignore the people who have MikTex installed on there systems.
--
forwarded from http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden