[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom sources for Debian release with 2.6.7

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom sources for Debian release with 2.6.7
Date: 08 Sep 2005 23:07:44 -0400

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm,
>
> If I do
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space
>
> then Axiom builds on FC4

Great!  But presumably this needs doing as root.  The earlier
randomized sbrk had a similar system-wide disabling shell command
using the /proc filesystem if I recall.  But there was also a
per-process user-level syscall, which was used in the 'setarch'
utility and incoporated directly into GCL's main routine, that
accomplished the same thing.  It would be great if we could follow
suit here as well.  The earlier call was a 'personality set'.  Do you
have any idea of an analogous syscall here?

Take care,