[Axiom-developer] Re: download links and server names (was: axiom--GUI--

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: download links and server names (was: axiom--GUI--1)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:01:18 -0700

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:15 PM Bob McElrath wrote:
>
> > The download link on this page:
> >    http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDownload
> > doesn't work.  Specifically this link:
>
> http://axiom.axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/DOWNLOADS/axiom-Sept2005-
> src.tgz
> > doesn't work, and I can't find the tarball anywhere on
> > axiom.axiom-developer.org...
>
> Sorry, Bob, my mistake. I have been trying to rationalize things
> on the various virtual server names that we use on axiom-developer
> and I forgot about that download links. It should work now.
>
> My goal is to setup some simple virtual server names and shorten
> the urls as much as possible. Now by default

That's a very good idea.

> Just yesterday I finished setting up a new name for the Axiom
> wiki.
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org

On this page could you add explicit "width" and "height" attributes for
the img tags?  This page "reflows" several times during load, as it gets
each of the images and determines their size...

> For now these older names should continue to work. But eventually
> when this is all done, I would like to retire those that are
> clearly redundant.

I think they should be retired ASAP as the site organization has been
quite confusing.

> I am also planning to implement
>
> http://portal.axiom-developer.org
>
> which will be identical to
>
> http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone
>
> If anyone has any comments about this re-organization, please
> let me know.

I think we should decide on one or the other.  Having multiple sites
makes it very confusing.

> > Also FYI I'm trying to get Kai's axiom--GUI-1 to work, and it
> > seems that it doesn't like axiom 3.4 from April.  After typing
> > in a command it quits with just "Bye".
>
> Isn't that the version that Kai recommended in the docs?

Yes.  I'm building the savannah CVS tarball now.  If that doesn't work
then I have some other problem...

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen
    these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding
    fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --Charles A. Beard