[Axiom-developer] Re: New Version of REDUCE

From: Winfried Neun
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: New Version of REDUCE
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:19:37 +0200

Bill,

it looks as though I missed something.

I remember that you got the software via ftp last time.

Do you prefer the 64 bit version for AMD64 / Intel EMT
or the traditional 32 bit version for Linux?

Regards,

Winfried

Tony Hearn,

You will recall I am sure, that a little more than a year
ago, with your kind approval I installed Reduce on the
axiom-developer server. The axiom-developer server runs
the wiki-based web application that I call MathAction which
provides a web-based interface for both Axiom and Reduce.

Here is an updated URL for the web site:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org

I have been reviewing my notes about Reduce on MathAction
and I see that the version we are running is the older
version 3.7. Perhaps through an oversight I apparently did
not receive the updated Reduce version 3.8 package that I
discussed with Winfried Neun. Would it be possible for me
to obtain the newer version for linux to install on the
axiom-developer server?

I am especially interested in installing version 3.8 because
of it's support for OpenMath. Recently I have become motivated
again to look at OpenMath and MathML support in both Axiom
and Reduce.

Kind Regards,
Bill Page.