Re: [Axiom-developer] Master Thesis Subject

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Master Thesis Subject
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 18:18:44 +0200

Dear Antoine,

I don't know whether you are still considering to work with Axiom for your
thesis, but I just realized that there is a third *big topic* which would need
somebody writing a thesis on it, namely calculations with proviso. Currently we
have

(2) -> series(1/(a-x),x=0)

        1    1      1  2    1  3    1  4      5
   (2)  - + -- x + -- x  + -- x  + -- x  + O(x )
        a    2      3       4       5
            a      a       a       a
                        Type: UnivariatePuiseuxSeries(Expression Integer,x,0)

but we really want

        1    1      1  2    1  3    1  4      5
   (2)  - + -- x + -- x  + -- x  + -- x  + O(x )
        a    2      3       4       5
            a      a       a       a

   provided a<>0

   1
   -

   provided a=0
                        Type: UnivariatePuiseuxSeries(Expression Integer,x,0)

A lot of work has been done, theoretical work as well as actual code, but for
some reason unknown it never made it into the distribution.

I guess that this would be somehow inbetween my to earlier suggestions. Not
entirely applied, not entirely theoretical.

Again, I think I could help here.

Martin