[Axiom-developer] [AxiomDownload] RE: Hyperdoc and Axiom Help menu in th

From: Varun
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [AxiomDownload] RE: Hyperdoc and Axiom Help menu in the TeXmacs interface
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:30:57 -0500

Changes http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDownload/diff
--
Bill Page wrote:
>nicely formatted output --Bill Page, Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:36:59 -0500 >reply
>Unknown wrote:
>Is there a possibility of using the hyperdoc type in the commands in >the
>TeXmacs interface (to get a nicely formatted output)?
>
>Axiom hyperdoc is not required to get nicely formatted output in >TeXmacs.
>AXIOMsys generates Tex/LaTeX output that is processed by >TeXmacs.
What I intended was: Can I use the HyperDoc while still working under TeXmacs
and get nicely formatted output.
Sorry for my not being clear.

>Could you please describe what effect you would like to achieve in >TeXmacs?
>In what way is the current TeXmacs output not nicely >formatted?

There are a lot of things that can be improved in TeXmacs. First of all an
online reference would certainely help a lot (those who are Turbo C IDE fans
would know this)--one just presses some hot key and gets more information on
the command he wishes to use and is not so sure about. He can get some examples
on how to use the system, just fill in some entries and get the command output
without having to learn hundreds of functions. This would be most beneficial to
users new to axiom and to those who have just started to use Computer Algebra
Systems. Not only that, this I think would save time of those users who are
just using the 'interactive' axiom and not programming with it.
--
forwarded from http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden