[Axiom-developer] RE: MathAction again unaccessible...

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: MathAction again unaccessible...
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:57:59 -0400

Martin,

I have the server running again, now in a mode that lets me
monitor more closely what's happening. I suspect, but I don't
know for sure, that the problem my be caused by the htmlTidy
program that I added to the server last week. This program
takes significantly more memory and cpu resources to ensure
that all HTML code output by the server conforms to the XHTML
standard by making corrections "on-the-fly", i.e. just before
delivering each page. Correct XHTML coding is required to
support MathML.

There are other ways of ensuring the correctness of the coding
of the pages, that does not take as many resources but they
would take longer to implement. If I can determine that htmlTidy
is causing the problem, then I can at least restrict it's use
to only those pages that actually use MathML.

What do you find "strange" about the usage statistics?