Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp
Date: 18 Oct 2005 22:25:22 -0400

Greetings!

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm, what do you mean by "GCL lisp interface to flex and
> bison"? These are external programs that produce "C" code.
> Do you just mean creating the bindings that would allow the
> generated parser code to be called from lisp?

Well, I meant defining some lisp representation if the flex and bison
input, which upon compilation wrote flex and bison C routines which
are loaded in the normal way.  In GCL, one really does have access to
anything one has in C.

If we were ever to pursue this, I really would advocate not using an
experimental lexer and parser.  No need to reinvent critical tools
when well tested ones are available with a little glue.

Take care,