Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp

From: Christian Aistleitner
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:19:35 +0200

Hello,

great that you pop in -- you are not at RISC-Linz anymore, are you?

currently, i am still at RISC.

> I wrote that parser almost 1.5 years ago (I guess). I still have it on some > Backup if someone is interested. It was implemented in Aldor. I could parse
 > all source files I tested.

This is great news! I suppose, however, that it parses only the nopile syntax,
doesn't it?

You are perfectly right. My parser cannot parse piles. I do not know about Axiom, but in Aldor, piles are typically not used. I am not a fan of them either. Therefore I neglected piles, as they meant too much work for something that is never used. If you want to use piles, you would definitely have to apply changes in at least the scanner.

--
Best regards,
Christian