[Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:17:31 -0400

On Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:40 PM Eitan Gurari wrote:
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/axiom--test--1/src/algebra/fspace.spad
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/axiom--test--1/src/scripts/tex
>
> The file doesn't compile at my place for native latex on a few
> different machines.
>
>     latex fspace.spad.tex
>     =====================
>     This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1)
>     (fspace.spad.tex
>     LaTeX2e <1999/12/01> patch level 1
>     Babel <v3.6Z> and hyphenation patterns for american,
>     french, german, ngerman, nohyphenation, loaded.

On the axiom-developer.org server we are running:

address@hidden algebra]# latex -v
pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
kpathsea version 3.5.4
----------

This is another major release newer that yours. On this system
'fspace.spad.tex' compiles with only warnings. And 'mzlatex'
actually produces an 'xml' file but with a few start and end
tags out of place.

As a LaTeX expert can you see what might be making fspace.spad.tex
incompatible with older versions of LaTeX? As you said the LaTeX
contents of this file consists almost entirely of noweb insertions
and I know there are a lot more just like it among the Axiom
distribution pamphlet files.

> The axiom.sty will need a short counter axiom.4ht file to
> take care of creature such as
>
>   \setbox\plusequivbox=\hbox{$\mathord{+}\mathord{\equiv}$}

address@hidden
}

If you tell me explicitly what needs to go where, I would be
glad to try it. But a lot of this magic I do not understand.