RE: [Axiom-developer] documentation

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] documentation
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:38:30 -0400

Tim,

On Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:05 AM you wrote:

> pamphlet-1 played well on my windows machine without
> problems. pamphlet-2 never starts.

I am sorry. I had a typo in the html coding for pamphlet-2.
It should work fine now.

> the edit example you show is perfect...exactly what i was
> thinking. these could easily make up a volume in the
> tutorial.

You mean like on CDrom, right? We could stream them too
as MPEG or other format, but they would take up quite a
lot of disk space if we were to get ambitious.

> how long did it take to create?

About 10 minutes, after I downloaded and installed the
software. I took about 10 minutes to install Wink and
maybe about 1/2 hour to install vnc2swf because of the
dependency on RealVNC and less than turn-key packaging.

Both packages are very easy to use once installed.
vnc2swf is more command-line oriented and has a some
associated editing, mixing and conversion utilities.

> how large is it?

The shockwave file (SWF) for pamphlet-1 is 1.5 Mbyte and
pamphlet-2 is 2 Mbyte. They are both about 2 minutes long
so very roughly you can figure about 1 Mbyte/minute. I
think there may be some compression options available that
I am not using yet.