[Axiom-developer] Interfacing with the rest of the world

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Interfacing with the rest of the world
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:41:24 -0800 (PST)

Just to throw this up on the radar screen:

We might want to keep our eyes on the Verrazano
(http://common-lisp.net/project/fetter/) and CFFI
(http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/) projects as a potential way to
get portable interfaces to non-lisp libraries.  Both projects are early
stage but are already able to do some interesting things.

Of course the best way to proceed is to document the ideas and
implement them as part of Axiom, but until then it might be nice to be
able to interface with the outside world.  Sucking in things like the
cernlibs is not for the faint of heart ;-).

Cheers,
CY