Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Doyen
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:28:49 +0600 (NOVT)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Tim Daly Jr. wrote:
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 02:11 +0000, address@hidden
wrote:
Is Maxima compiled on GCL as a Common Lisp application?
I don't know.  It is possible to compile Maxima on a Common Lisp, but I
don't think that GCL is a complete Common Lisp implementation yet.  I
think Raymond Toy was responsible for getting it working on CMUCL, but
ICBW.
If the current gcl is configured with --enable-ansi, it is nearly 100% compliant common lisp. Maxima runs on it, as well as on clisp, cmucl, sbcl, openmcl (on a mac), scl, Allegro cl (the last two lisps are commercial). On my laptop, I have maxima on gcl, clisp, cmucl, and sbcl.

Andrey