[Axiom-developer] RE: [Aldor-l] Ann: ALLPROSE / Suggestions

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Aldor-l] Ann: ALLPROSE / Suggestions
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:29:49 -0500

Ralf,

On November 22, 2005 6:01 PM you wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
> >
> > What problems are you having using tex4ht? Have you tried
> > any of the other packages for converting LaTeX to HTML?
>
> I think, if any at all then tex4ht would be the only possibility.
> latex2html does not understand several things of my style files.

You are probably right although I have found some of the others
more tolerant of legacy LaTeX/TeX coding, tex4ht is by far the
most complete.

> Unfortunately, I have never worked with tex4ht. I only learnt
> that there are several different commands. "tex4ht myalps.tex"
> runs through and produces an .html file, but that is not really
> what I would expect, it is just a text file, no HTML tags, nothing.
> If somebody gives me an example of a command line that I could
> execute, I'd appreciate it.
>
> man tex4th
>
> comes with so many programs and options that I don't know
> where to start.

The web site http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn.html
shows the usual command line for tex4ht. It is just

  % htlatex  filename

tex4ht itself is embedded somewhere down inside the script and
is not normally called directly by the user.

Let me know what you get with this command.