Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Wiki FrontPage re-design

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Wiki FrontPage re-design
Date: 26 Nov 2005 15:29:50 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

> > Again: I think that our aim should be to make MathAction be the *only*
> > entry point to the Axiom world.
>
> Email has one property that a website lacks. It forms a private linear queue
> of work for me to accomplish (or not :-)). Thus it gives me my own stream of
> information. I'm already multitasked beyond what I would have thought
> possible and I need this private linear queue to manage the "incoming"
> workflow requests. Perhaps I'm behind the times and need to start a "public
> personal" page or somesuch. I'd be willing to try this.

This is a misunderstanding. Of course the mailing lists should be part of
MathAction just as they are now. So, to be precise, MathAction should - in my
opinion - be the door through which the users and developers of Axiom enter the
Axiom house. The various medias -- printed books and articles, the wiki, the
mailing lists should be all accessible through this portal.

Of course, when you know the shortcut, i.e., you know already how to get to the
mailing list, then nobody requires you to use the main entry.

Is this clearer?

I thought that you know that I prefer the mailing lists for discussion. The
Wiki should be a medium where we summarize the discussions for those that did
not follow.

Martin