RE: [Axiom-developer] Units and Dimensions - example pdf and dvi files

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Units and Dimensions - example pdf and dvi files
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:58:54 -0500

On Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:14 PM C Y wrote:

> Well, still not approved for public visibility

Sorry, I've been a bit busy with other things. Do you still
want these documents approved or would you like to wait for a
more final version? No problem either way. I am just hesitating
because I am not sure whether I have explained how this
"publishing" thing works properly yet.

> but it looks like a direct link to each file will allow folks
> to view them.

Yes, by default new documents are "visible" which means that
only users of the portal who are logged-in will see them in the
list of "recent items" and as a result of a search for keywords.
If not logged in they will not see them but a direct link like
in this email will work for anyone.

If a document is "published" then it will be visible even if
not logged in and so (sooner or later) is will also appear in
Google and other search engines who regularly index this site.

> This is a collection of a variety of formatting options that
> can be achieved with the options included in the preamble.
> For those who want the fanciest result, I recommend the XYpic
> diagram version in pdf format:

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/starseeker/axiomunit_diagramte
st.pdf

> For those who want to check out dvi vs. pdf, and/or various
> options, here are the others:
>
> http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/starseeker ...
>  /axiomunit_standard.dvi
>  /axiomunit_standard.pdf
>  /axiomunit_standardsize_withhyperref.dvi
>  /axiomunit_standardsize_withhyperref.pdf
>  /axiomunit_1inmargins_withhyperref.dvi
>  /axiomunit_1inmargins_withhyperref.pdf
>  /axiomunit_diagramtest.dvi
>  /axiomunit_diagramtest.pdf

Note: You don't need to include '/download' in the link.

You might also want to add these links to your home page on the
portal. This would let you refer to a shorter url like above.
If you need help doing this, just ask.

I am not sure why you want to display all these different
versions. Are you looking for comments on the format?

Personally I like the one with the hyperref links and the
diagram. Why wouldn't everyone want that? I don't care about
the margins - whatever looks good to you is fine with me.

As to the content, I think it looks very interesting and
is going to require a bit more study.

Thanks again for working on this.