[Axiom-developer] Axiom on MACOSX... gettext issue

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on MACOSX... gettext issue
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 00:18:56 -0500

Camm,

I'm porting Axiom to the MAC OSX and have run into a GCL build problem.

If I type

 ./configure

it all runs along fine until

checking for libintl.h... no
configure: error: libintl.h (gettext) not found

This include file lives in /sw/include/libintl.h which I believe is
the FINK software location.

On linux I could edit ld.so.conf and get it to work but not on the MAC.
Where is the appropriate place to tell GCL about these libraries?
Should I use LD_LIBRARY_PATH or is there a standard configure option
I don't know about?