Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:22:25 +0100

William Sit wrote:
 --> )lisp (setq $dalymode t)
$dalymode says:

  if the first character is a '('
    then it is lisp
    else it is axiom

That is nice. Your instructions are exactly what I was looking for. I can read
in a file (on Linux, but on Windows, there is the path problems). Is there any
danger I overwrite any system definitions? The functions defined survive after
(setq $dalymode nil) and another (setq $dalymode t), which is nice also. Are
these functions then available in Axiom somehow?

Could somebody enlighten me... Why would an ordinary Axiom user ever want to enter LISP commands into Axiom? What would be reasonable things that cannot be done in the SPAD interpreter itself?

Ralf